Casa del Alma is now only available as a long-term rental.
House Tour Photo Gallery
For those interested in classes in Art, Spanish, Cooking, Photography, Birding, Music or merely an exceptional Vacation, San Miguel de Allende is a captivating place to visit and Casa Del Alma epitomizes the “San Miguel Experience.”
Entering Casa del Alma brings a sense of awe. You know you have entered a uniquely special sanctuary, close to everything yet quiet, serene and inspiring.
Enjoy sunrise and sunset views of the City from the roof-top Terrace. Or be entertained by frolicking Hummingbirds with morning coffee and throughout the day in the tree-shaded patio by the fountain. On cooler mornings and evenings, simply flick a switch to turn on any one of the 3 uniquely designed gas-lit Fireplaces for heat.
Kitchen, dining and living rooms plus bedrooms open onto lush patio gardens replete with various birds and butterflies. While the “Frida Kahlo Blue Wall” draws the eye upward to even more surprises.
This spacious 2-story corner home enjoys a sense of openness yet privacy between bedrooms as one is downstairs and the other upstairs.
Casa del Alma has 2 Master Suites.
The roomy downstairs “Fountain Suite” features a hand-made Wrought Iron headboard that contains a comfortable Queen Pillow-Top mattress with good support. There are side tables with reading lights, a Flat Screen TV & Blu-Ray player plus a wall-heater for the cold months.
The best features are the exquisitely tiled bathroom where you can luxuriate in a shower of pressurized, unlimited hot water, be lulled to
sleep by the Fountain outside your window and awaken to Birdsong from the Garden Patio.
Ascending the stairway from the dining room brings you into the “Tree House Suite”. The first room upstairs is the Family Room/Den featuring a tile and hammered-tin Fireplace, hammered-tin Cabinet, Queen Sofa-Bed and Boveda (arched brick) ceiling with a Skylight.
Inside the den cabinet find a Flat Screen HD/TV with Canadian Satellite TV having over 100 English-speaking channels including connection to Netflix plus a Blu-Ray Player with dozens of DVD’s.
From the den, pass through the expansive hallway to the Master Bedroom. The King-sized Memory Foam Mattress boasts an elegant hammered tin headboard. Above, find an Air Conditioning unit and a second Boveda ceiling with a skylight so you can view the sky and stars from your bed and awaken to birdsong from the tree outside your window.
The adjacent spacious bathroom has a full sized Tub, separate Shower, Bidet, Filtered Drinking Water and Hair Dryer. The Pressurized Water system with unlimited hot water provides an exhilarating morning or evening shower.
Both bedrooms have feather and non-allergenic Pillows, Quality Linens, Electric blankets, luxurious Duvets, Plush Towels, Hairdryers, Full-Length Mirrors and Designer Robes to enjoy during your stay. There are ample drawers and closets with felt hangers in both bedrooms.
Kitchen & Dining Room
“The kitchen was awesome… so much work space, such good quality pots and pans…”
Whether eating in or entertaining, the spacious gourmet Cook’s Kitchen is well equipped with quality utensils and cookware plus hand-painted plates and serving bowls. Additionally, there are ‘pass-through’ windows from the kitchen to the patio table where you can enjoy the antics of Hummingbirds throughout the day.
The Dining Room with its combination fireplace/heater and garden view is a wonderful inside place to eat. The handmade plates and serving bowls are found behind the door under the stairway.
For cool mornings & evenings, three unique gas fireplaces with thermostats provide Instant Heat. To cool the rooms, five ceiling fans ventilate both bedrooms, den, living room and kitchen. There are more portable fans, if desired, plus an air conditioning unit in the upstairs Tree House Suite.
The secure Garage has a Washer & Dryer and will accommodate a small car. [9½ by 15 feet] Additional secured paid parking is available a couple of blocks away.
There is a completely upgraded high-speed wireless Internet network with range extenders set up so you can stay connected through-out the entire house & patios.
*Plus Casa del Alma provides a secure Programmable Safe for your valuables.
We are conveniently located in Colonia San Antonio, a quieter neighborhood, 10-15 minutes EZ walking to Centro, the Mercado, the Instituto and the Jardin. We prefer this area to Centro because it is a safe and more tranquil neighborhood with flat streets and less traffic. (Ask about the shortcut to the Instituto).
A short 2-minute walk around the corner on Del Refugio, you will find the “Dulce Corazon” (Sweetheart) Bakery with divine pies, cakes and pastries featuring the famous “Tres Leches” cake, along with ice cream, yogurts and more.
Across from the bakery enjoy the upgraded Restaurante “Mariscolandia” 4.2* on Yelp. Adrian, the new owner and chef, brings a touch of gourmet to the previously “seafood only” restaurant. The seating is upgraded and the menu expanded to “something for everybody.”
As a bonus, his wife Cindy is a massage therapist and will come to Casa del Alma if you want an exceptional massage. (just ask at restaurant for her number to call for an appointment)
Further up Calle Refugio, it becomes Refugio Norte and you can find El Restaurante “La Rinconcita” 4.5* in yelp, a favorite of many locals and visitors.
From our front door walk straight ahead half a block on Calle Rosal to find the small family Tienda or grocery store. Francisco and Imelda have everything from soft drinks & cold Beer to Eggs, Light Bulbs, T.P., Cheese and more. Continuing on Rosal, a 5 minute walk brings you to Canal Street. A right turn is an easy walk to the Jardin or turn left over the bridge for the best place to find Taxis.
A bit further across Canal street is the large San Juan de Dios Mercado [Market] with wonderful sandwiches, chile rellenos, Fresh Juices, Produce, Flowers and more. If you don’t feel like cooking or eating out, pick up a delicious (Rostasado Pollo) Roasted Chicken on Canal and enjoy it on the Patio or in the Dining Room.
A special bonus for your Mexican vacation is our housekeeper Araceli three days a week. She cleans the house, outside areas, rooms and kitchen.
As an “extra service”, Araceli will also wash & iron your clothes, shop for you and cook delicious meals, both Mexican and American.
We ask that you please tip her extra for these services.
Conveniently located in Colonia San Antonio, a quiet neighborhood in San Miguel de Allende
- 10 – 15 minutes EZ walking to Centro, El Mercado, El Instituto and El Jardin.
- High-speed Broadband Wireless Internet
- Vonage for FREE calls to Canada and USA
- Maid service with optional inhouse cooking
- New Pillow Top mattresses King and Queen sized
- Sofa Bed (Queen sized with extra comfort pad)
- Luxurious Duvets/ Electric Blankets
- 2 HD-Flat screen TV’s
- 2 DVD Players
- Whole House (4 speakers) Sonos Wireless Stereo System
- Filtered Drinking Water (upstairs and down)
- Pressurized Water System
- 3 Gas Fireplaces/Heaters w/ Thermostats
- Ceiling Fans throughout
- Air Conditioners in both suites
- Optional: Shaw Canadian Satellite TV with over 100 English-speaking channels
- Locked garage will accommodate a small car (approximately 9.5 by 15 feet)
- 2 Hairdryers and More!
PLEASE COMPARE CASA DEL ALMA WITH OTHER RENTALS:
- Have they been shown regularly on the San Miguel House and Garden Tour since 2005?
- Are they on a double corner lot – spacious, light and airy versus dark, narrow with steep stairways and small rooms?
- Do they have 48 glowing 5 star reviews on VRBO from previous guests?
- Do they offer high-speed reliable wireless Internet throughout the house?
- Do they offer Vonage telephone with unlimited free phone calls to the US, Canada and around the world?
- Do they provide free local phone calls, including free calls to local cellphones and 3 cordless phones plus an Answering Machine for tenant use?
- Do they provide free Vonage phone service with free unlimited calls to US?
- Do they offer Filtered Drinking Water up and downstairs?
- Do they provide unlimited, Pressurized Hot Water throughout the house?
- Are there 2 Flat Screen TV’s, 2 Blu-Ray players and dozens of house DVDs?
- Do they offer (optional) Canadian Satellite TV with over 100 English speaking channels?
- Do they have a large gourmet kitchen well equipped with quality pots/pans, utensils plus all necessities including excellent lighting and gorgeous dinner service, serving platters & glassware?
- Do they offer quality King and Queen beds with feather and non-allergenic pillows, duvets, electric blankets and quality linens?
- Are there 2½ bathrooms with great water pressure?
- Does their house have a backup Cistern in the event of water shortage?
- Does each bathroom have Plush towels, a Hair Dryer and Bathrobes for your stay?
- Do they have 3 gas fireplaces with thermostat control, plus additional wall-heaters in the kitchen and Fountain Bedroom.
- Are there screens on the windows?
- Are the bedrooms spacious and private (one is upstairs and the other downstairs)?
- Are there Nightstands with reading lights on both sides of the beds, as well as, full-length mirrors in each bedroom?
- Is there enough Closet & Drawer Space with many Hangars?
- Do they offer a secure programmable Safe for your valuables?
- Are there two large Patios both with tables, chairs, chaise lounges, sun-umbrella and Views of the City skyline from the upper Terrace?
- Does the house offer intriguing artwork and excellent lighting throughout?
- Do they include maid service 3 days a week with cooking and laundry services available?
- Is there a “House Manual” with house information and a guide to many shops, services & favorite restaurants?
- Are there Street Maps for your use plus ‘Casa del Alma business cards’ with the house address and phone number for you to give to friends or taxi drivers?
If the house you are considering does not have these advantages, please consider choosing our home for an exceptional experience.
Magic! When my family and I walked through the doors of Casa del Alma, we were wowed! …so very different from our gringo experience…the tinkling sound of the fountain, the red rib stripe of the banana tree, the distant church bells...sounds…comfort and delight – etched in my memory – Gracias
We were amazed at how perfectly well equipped the house was. I think it is the best equipped house we've ever rented. The beds were comfortable and the electric blanket fantastic…We loved Cha Cha Cha and the bakery around the corner. Also thanks for the orange juice tip.
We have stayed in many other houses, in many Colonias and this is by far the most exquisite! The colorful decor, beautiful artwork and well thought out conveniences have made our stay truly delightful.
Alice & Carol
Wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed staying at Casa del Alma. It really should have been featured in "Colors of Mexico." The furnishings were so interesting and beautiful and we did not lack for anything. I think I took as many pictures of the house as I did of SMA. By the way, your "Handbook for the Casa" was very complete and most helpful. We will certainly be coming back in the future.
The house was perfect for our friends and us , they stayed upstairs and we down. Very sound-proof. We appreciated the nice linens and towels, and the kitchen couldn't have been better appointed. We both liked to cook , so it was great. We met Seth next door, and the Bakery got a lot of our pesos. The tienda on Rosal was most convenient. Araceli did a very nice job for us.
Stan and Joanna's Casa del Alma is a delight! We feel we are living in an Art Gallery. The colors in the house make us think that Frida Kahlo had a hand in decorating. Stan and Joanna have chosen wonderful pieces of art and every little detail from dishes to music is so much more than one would ever expect in a rental...the rental price makes staying here even nicer.
We just love your home, the art, colors, design, comfortability, you have thought of absolutely everything to make it welcoming to your guests. We returned home to Marblehead and so missed the colors in your home, the Mexican art, pottery and flavor. The lighting is really unbelievable, the shadows cast from all the lanterns on the colorful walls, I am enamored for sure with your home, thanks again!
Casa del Alma is the most beautiful, comfortable, organized, secured, and documented home that I've ever seen! Also,we appreciate your handouts, labels, and House Manual - making it easier for us to live comfortably and reducing the risks of confusion or damage.
Joyce & Paul
Que una casa! Que colores! Staying in your beautiful home has been awesome. It is so evident the heart and soul that has gone into the creation of such a magical place. We have had the most wonderful time and look forward to our stay at Casa del Alma next year.
Heidi & David
How good of you to share this jewel box of a house. Through our month here, we learned to appreciate the light, the colors, the details of furniture and lamps and the fountain, all playing off each other in a delightful, almost musical synergy. Surely Casa del Alma reflects your soul.
My traveling companions and I really felt "pampered" there in such a colorful sanctuary, and it gave us a nice place to come "home" after a full day of exploring the city… a memorable way to celebrate 50 years on the planet.
Creating this wonderful home surely was a labor of love.|
Joyce & Paul
Your website indeed presented a beautiful space but it didn’t do it justice!
Paul & Bonnie
Rife with color, almost every wall, every piece of furniture is hand-painted a different shade yet blends beautifully with each other, flowing from room to patio, roof garden to bedroom … plants and flowers adding yet more color to this fabulously fun yet comfortable home.
San Miguel House and Garden Tour - a favorite for over 10 years
Long Term Rental Only please Contact Owner for Availability & Rates
Call (805) 637.0338 or fill out the form below: